03 June 2015 | Catherine Begg
Celebrate World Oceans Day on 8 June at the Two Oceans Aquarium. Image by Sarah Schafer
The Two Oceans Aquarium is home to both our V&A Waterfront tour office and more than 3 000 sea animals.
As one of the top tourist attractions in Cape Town, this incredible underwater nature reserve showcases the rich diversity of the Indian and Atlantic oceans.
It opened its doors in November 1995 and the sharks, clown fish, turtles and penguins are among its most-loved residents. In celebration of these majestic creatures and World Oceans Day on 8 June 2015, we’ve picked a few of our favourite photos of the Two Oceans Aquarium to share with you.
Watch the way the kelp sways back and forth at the Ocean Basket Kelp Forest Exhibit. Image by Two Oceans Aquarium
Come and see the slow-moving ragged-tooth sharks at the I&J Predator Exhibit. Image by Two Oceans Aquarium
Look out for Yoshi, the loggerhead turtle – she is very playful! Image by Two Oceans Aquarium
Join us for a penguin feed and find out all about the endangered African penguin. Image by Two Oceans Aquarium
Meet our resident rockhopper penguins. You can even book a penguin encounter and have a face-to-face experience with them. Image by Two Oceans Aquarium
Crawl inside the specially designed “Nemo” exhibit. Image by Two Oceans Aquarium
At the touch pool, you can pick up and feel coral, seaweed, shells and more. Image by Two Oceans Aquarium
Visit the microscope exhibit and see a fascinating demonstration of microscopic life. Image by Two Oceans Aquarium
There are three puppet shows a day: 10.30am, 1.30pm and 4pm at the AfriSam Children’s Play Centre. Image by Two Oceans Aquarium.
Get a combo ticket from the front desk and extend your exploration of the sea with the Ocean Adventurer catamaran. You’ll be taken on an eco-safari of Table Bay, where you have the chance to spot seals, dolphins, whales and sunfish. Image by Two Oceans Aquarium
For the love of our oceans, we’re giving away a set of Two Oceans Aquarium tickets. All you have to do is to like the City Sightseeing South Africa Facebook page and share this blog with your friends by clicking on the Facebook or Twitter link at the bottom of this page. Don’t forget to tag us in your Facebook post (@City Sightseeing South Africa) or tweet (@CapeTownRedBus).
Please ensure you read and understand the terms and conditions of the competition (below) before entering.
Terms and conditions of the City Sightseeing World Oceans Day competition:
- The competition is open to anyone, except City Sightseeing South Africa employees and their immediate family members.
- The competition runs from 9am Thursday 11 June 2015 to 6pm Wednesday 17 June 2015.
- The winners will be announced on Thursday 18 June 2015 on the City Sightseeing South Africa Facebook page and the City Sightseeing Cape Town Twitter account.
- To enter, you need to like the City Sightseeing South Africa Facebook page and share the “Stop of the Month: Two Oceans Aquarium” post with your friends on either Facebook or Twitter. Remember to tag us in your post.
- The prizes consists of two double tickets for the Two Oceans Aquarium.
- Prizes exclude any other expenses incurred at the Two Oceans Aquarium.
- Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash.
- You can only enter the competition once.
- Winners will be selected randomly.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The tickets are valid until and including 15 July 2015.