School holidays are fast approaching and we are sure you are trying to plan ahead for things to do to keep your kids happy and entertained during the summer break. Johannesburg (eGoli as she is affectionally known), has so many options to keep the kids amused and busy. We have done the legwork for you and want to share some amazing holiday activities and adventures.
A day on the Open Top Bus
A family day out with City Sightseeing
A trip on the City Sightseeing Red Double Decker is the most enjoyable day out for both parents and children. The youngsters will be engaged by the onboard entertaining interactive audio channel, while parents can kick back and relax without having to worry about parking and traffic along the trip. The one-day ticket includes 16 stops and access to over 20 of Johannesburg's finest attractions. You can jump on and off the bus at your leisure. Even better is that we will be operating on Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays throughout November and December.
● At only R179 per adult and R100 per child, it is the perfect way to explore Jozi and keep the kids busy for the whole day. Or, as a family, purchase our package for 2 adults and 2 kids for only R490. (Online Special)
To keep the kids entertained on our route, we would recommend hopping off at Zoo Lake and the Johannesburg Zoo, as well as Gold Reef City. For the theme park though, we definitely recommend booking in advance.
For those families whose kids loved adventure, we highly recommend one of the following:
● At Acrobranch in Melrose as well as Huddle Park, enjoy a tree-top adventure obstacle course. Acrobranch is a thrilling aerial experience taking children and adults from tree to tree using zip lines, Tarzan swings, nets, bridges, and other fun challenges. Try this outdoor exercise that will put your balance, strength, and focus to the test.
Ziplining fun for young and old
● Fly through the air on a zip line at Magaliesburg Canopy – located 1 ½ hour from Joburg and 1 hour from Pretoria go on a journey through the ecology and geology of one of the oldest mountain ranges in the world. The experience includes a 4x4 drive and a fully guided 2½ hour tour (10 slides, 11 platforms)
● Plan a day of thrilling excitement at Jozi X Adventure Park in Bryanston (open Wednesday to Sunday). This adventure park advertises that they cater to 4 – 75-year-olds, so there really is no excuse. You have so many options to choose from, including nerf wars, target shooting, parkour, splatter, zorbing, bubble soccer, ninja warrior, an inflatable park as well as slip and slide.
Paintball and target practice
For animal lovers, why not visit one of the following attractions?
● Croc City Crocodile and Reptile Park, located in Chartwell, is quickly becoming one of Johannesburg's most popular attractions, with visitors having the opportunity to hold a young crocodile, handle exotic snakes, and get up close and personal with a tarantula.
For adults and kids alike who enjoy history, fossils, and caves, look no further than Maropeng.
● Enjoy a unique caving experience at Sterkfontein Caves. This experience is accessed via their modern walkways and a boardwalk that passes the excavation site where globally acclaimed fossils have been discovered. Scientists say that their investigations have shown the species discovered were alive sometime between 335 and 236 thousand years ago.
Caving deep down
Plan your holiday, keep the kids entertained, and enjoy a much-needed family break after the busy year that 2021 was. We can’t wait to welcome you on board and for you to tick off some of the activities and experiences listed above.
Happy holiday memories