See the sights of Johannesburg at your own pace with this 1-day valid ticket for the hop-on hop-off sightseeing bus tour. Also included is a 2-hour extension tour of the township of Soweto, described as the “New York of Africa.” Take in the sights of the city where Mandela once lived and Mahatma Gandhi started his legal career.
Learn the history of Johannesburg from the audio commentary once on board the double decker sightseeing bus. Ride through the city's historic neighbourhoods and see fascinating attractions, many related to the struggle against apartheid. Get on and off as much as you like.
Hear about 2 of the 20th century’s most famous liberation heroes in the city where they started their legal and political careers. Follow in the footsteps of Mahatma Gandhi and his Passive Resistance (Satyagraha) Movement, and Nelson Mandela with his Defiance Campaign.
We're practicing social distancing at our kiosks and on our buses only and have sanitiser at all touch points to ensure your safety. Please be sure to wear your mask while on the bus. No mask, no entry CLICK HERE for more information on this
* Tour office @ The Zone shopping center, Oxford Road, Rosebank. (Our host will walk with you to the bus stop, which can take about 5-8 minutes)
* Complimentary hotel shuttle from selected Sandton hotels (See timetable)
* If you arrive on the "Gautrain" high speed train, use North Exit at Rosebank station and head to the Tour office
* Parking available for your car at "The Zone" shopping center - entrance off Oxford Road
Valid for the day when first presented
Daily from 16 December
Not operating 01/01
Hop On Hop Off at any of the stops along the circular route and simply show the same ticket to board the next bus
Switch to the live-guided Soweto tour at Stop 13 (Gold Reef City Casino Hotel). After the 2h tour, you re-join the Hop on Hop Off bus at the same stop to continue your tour and return to Stop 1
Cancellation fee of R 10, per ticket cancelled, will be charged.
* Unlimited access to the Green suburbs tour and the Red City tour
* 2h Tour of Soweto (Live guided by a local Soweto resident)
* Entrance fee into various attractions
The Apartheid Museum and Carlton center is temporarily unavailable due to Covid Restrictions.
We advice that you pre-book for entry into Gold Reef City. https://www.goldreefcity.co.za/theme-park/
See the sights of Johannesburg at your own pace with this 1-day valid ticket for the hop-on hop-off sightseeing bus tour. Also included is a 2-hour extension tour of the township of Soweto, described as the “New York of Africa.”
Tour office can be found at:
The Zone shopping center, Oxford Road, Rosebank (in the pedestrian mall, near KFC and next to Hamley's Toys)
Inside the lobby of the Gold Reef Casino Hotel (change point for the Soweto Tour)