13 July 2015 | Staff Writer
Baccalà Clown (Italy), winners of the Cirque du Soleil competition for “the world’s best comedic clowns. Image by Eddy Casar
The annual Jive Cape Town Funny Festival is back and promises to be a barrel of laughs, with 13 top local and international acts to keep you entertained.
This year the festival line-up includes a street performer, Cirque du Soleil competition winners, a madcap musical duo and a human balloon. Local comedic favourites such as Siv Ngesi, Tumi Morake and Dylan Skews will also leave you in stitches with their stand-up.
Now in its 11th year, this comedy showcase runs at the Baxter Theatre from 20 July-16 August. Tickets can be booked and bought at Computicket.
City Sightseeing has a set of two tickets for Wednesday, 29 July to give away. To win, email us your funniest selfie to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and conditions for the “funniest selfie” competition:
- The competition is open to anyone, excluding City Sightseeing South Africa employees and their immediate family members
- The competition runs from Monday, 13 July 2015 to 6pm on Monday, 20 July 2015
- The winner will be announced on Tuesday, 21 July 2015 on the City Sightseeing South Africa Facebook page, and the City Sightseeing Cape Town Twitter account
- To enter, you need to email us your funniest selfie to email@example.com
- One prize, consisting of two tickets for the Jive Cape Town Funny Festival at the Baxter Theatre on Wednesday, 29 July 2015, will be given away
- The prize includes tickets to the Jive Cape Town Funny Festival at the Baxter Theatre only. The prize excludes any expenses incurred at the show
- Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash
- You can only enter the competition once
- Winners will be selected randomly
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into
- The tickets are only valid for Wednesday, 29 July 2015.