You spoke, we listened. We are so excited to let you know that our 3 for 1 special is back due to popular demand and just in time for the July school holiday. It’s time to jump onboard and enjoy a day out with City Sightseeing.
The school holiday is set to start on the 9th of July, this year, and will end on the 26th of July, meaning a full month of finding ways to keep the kids entertained. Our amazing specials allow you to spend quality time exploring the Mother City with your family onboard a City Sightseeing adventure that doesn’t break the bank. Our famous Red Open Top double-decker bus offers over 30 stops across 3 different routes and allows you the opportunity to hop off the bus and explore the Cape Town landmarks and attractions that appeal to your family most.
An exciting day on the bus with the family can include any of the below wonderful stops and attractions:
● Start at the V&A Waterfront (Stop 1) and take the red route through the city centre.
● Hop off at Stop 5 which is our main ticket office in Long Street and enjoy a FREE walking tour of either the Malay Quarters of Bo Kaap or the historical city centre walking tour, which includes visits to museums and the Company Gardens.
● Continue onto Table Mountain (Stop 7). Enjoy the thrilling ride on the cable car to summit this famous landmark in our city.
● Then switching to the blue route from Stop 5, continue on this route that wraps around the back of the mountain range into the Southern Suburbs. Hop off at Kirstenbosch (Stop 20) and take a walk on the boomslang bridge. A firm favourite with the kids.
● Continue onto the Cape Winelands route and hop off at Stop 25 at Groot Constantia Wine Estate, where the parents can enjoy an amazing wine tasting and the kids can run around and enjoy the rolling lawns of this beautiful estate.
● Lunchtime may be calling around now. Continue onto Hout Bay (Stop 24) and hop off in the Marina and enjoy delicious fresh fish ‘n chips. Here you can also enjoy a family-friendly boat trip to Seal Island.
● If you are wanting to start heading back to the Waterfront, but want to enjoy a little time on the beach, head to Camps Bay and hop off at Stop 8. Take a stroll along the white sandy beach on those beautiful crisp winter’s day.
● Continue to Sea Point and hop off at Stop 10 and let the kids get ice cream and enjoy the views of the crashing waves along the promenade. You can even hire a bike here to cycle back to the Waterfront.
With all of this in mind, we couldn’t think of a better day out with the family.
Our family packages that are available online until the end of July are as follows:
● For only R245 you will get 1 adult ticket and 2 kids tickets free (aged 4 – 17). This is an amazing special and includes a full day pass on all our rates.
Family Package # 2:
● Book 2 adult tickets for R490 and 2 kids can travel for free (aged 4 – 17)
For those families who enjoy the water, another amazing special is available on our cruises.
● You can either enjoy the Canal Cruise which is a full day ticket pass allowing you to hop on/off as often as you’d like. The Canal Cruise links the Waterfront to the CBD with stops at major hotels and the CTICC. The canal cruise also allows for a stop at the home of Stand-Up Paddleboarding or skateboarding at Battery Park.
● Enjoy the Harbour Cruise which is a fantastic 25-30-minute cruise through the waterfront, highlighting the history of the harbour, including views of Table Mountain, the Nelson Mandela Gateway, Chavonnes Battery Museum and the well-known Clock Tower. And seal sightings are almost guaranteed on this cruise.
● 1 adult ticket and 2 kids tickets for only R60
● 2 adult tickets and 2 kids tickets for only R120
Note that these specials are only available with tickets purchased online and are valid until the end of July. With these amazing prices, you can be sure to treat the family to a fantastic day out. We can’t wait to welcome you onboard.