Discover Johannesburg in an informative, safe, convenient and fun way – aboard the big red bus! City Sightseeing's City Tour shows you the city like you've never seen it before and takes you to all of Jozi's hottest spots.
You only need one ticket for the Green Tour and the City Tour and you can switch tours at Constitution Hill (stop 5).
Best way to visit Johannesburg City
- The City Tour is a circular route with buses running at regular intervals (see timetable)
- 9 bus stops, hop on and hop off as you like
- Although your City Sightseeing ticket gets you a discount at several of the stops, entrance and tour fees are not included
- Total tour duration (with no hop-offs): approx. 1.5 hours
- Commentary in 15 languages (English, Afrikaans, Arabic, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish and Zulu) plus a special channel for kids
Best things to see on the Johannesburg City Tour
Where does the Johannesburg City Tour start?
To make the most out of your one-day ticket, we advise hopping on the Green Tour at our ticket office at The Zone @ Rosebank (stop 1) and switching to the City Tour at Constitution Hill (stop 5). Or hop on the City Tour at Gold Reef City Casino Hotel (stop 13), where all City Sightseeing ticket holders can park for free, and switch to the Green Tour at Constitution Hill. You can also hop on the add-on tour to Soweto, which can only be done in conjunction with the City Tour, at Gold Reef City Casino Hotel.
Our buses follow a timetable that can also be found on our bus stop signs and brochure.
Daily from 10am-6pm (from Tuesday to Saturday the last tour is at 5pm, on Sundays and Mondays the last tour is at 4pm)
Corner of Miriam Makeba and President streets (26°12'13.6"S 28°01'59.9"E)
Adults R115, pensioners/students R105, children under 18 R40
Our buses run at regular intervals. For detailed times, see this timetable or the signage at each bus stop.