There is nothing quite like Cape Town on a warm summer evening. With the smell of the ocean on the breeze and Table Mountain lit up as a spectacular backdrop, our popular Sunset Bus allows you to experience a whole new side of the city.
Best way to view to sunset in Cape Town
- The tour departs daily from stop 1 outside the Two Oceans Aquarium at the V&A Waterfront between 5.30pm and 6pm
- Please arrive 30 min before the departure time
- Use the 5pm shuttle service from stop 5 in Long Street to connect to the Sunset Bus at stop 1 (outside the Two Oceans Aquarium at the V&A Waterfront)
- Total trip duration (without any hop-offs): 2 to 3 hours
- Commentary in 15 languages (English, Afrikaans, Arabic, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish and Zulu)
Best things to see on Cape Town Sunset Bus
The Sunset Bus is not a hop-on, hop-off tour like the other City Sightseeing tours but it does stop at Signal Hill to give passengers the opportunity to watch the sunset over the Atlantic Ocean. Over the festive season, on the return to the V&A Waterfront, the bus takes a drive down Adderley Street for locals and visitors to experience the delightful display of festive season lights.
Where does the Cape Town Sunset Bus start?
It starts just outside the Two Oceans Aquarium at the V&A Waterfront and returns here at the end of the three-hour round trip, stopping at Signal Hill for sunset and driving down Adderley Street for the delightful display of festive season lights. Due to high traffic volumes during the summer months, please allow for extra travel time. Click here to view the timetable and departure times.
Please note this route is not currently running. The route reopens in summer on 23 September 2017. Tickets available online and at our tour offices.