Cruise the canal that connects Cape Town’s bustling Foreshore area to the V&A Waterfront and learn about the area’s history. Whether you’re looking for an easy way to get from point A to point B or a fun outdoor experience, City Sightseeing’s Canal Cruise water taxis tick all the boxes.
Did you know:
Most of the Foreshore precinct used to be under water, but found its business-hub shape through a complicated land-reclamation project. The canal linking the Foreshore to the V&A Waterfront is a reminder of the old seafront. On the Canal Cruise, you will learn more about this watery history and the V&A Waterfront’s underwater gems such as secret underwater passageways and private islands.
The best way to cruise Cape Town’s canal
- The cruise runs every 20 minutes, weather permitting
- For detailed times, view timetable
- Canal Cruise tickets cost R50 per person (R45 if you book online) and R30 for kids
- The total tour duration is about 25 minutes and you can hop on and off off at all the stops, your ticlet is valid for a full day!
- There is onboard commentary in 15 languages (English, Afrikaans, Arabic, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish and Zulu) and a special channel for kids
Where does the cruise start?
The cruise departs every 20 minutes from jetties at the CTICC, Harbour Bridge, City Lodge and One&Only Cape Town. Hopping on the cruise is an easy way to skip the road traffic between the V&A Waterfront and the CTICC, especially since one ticket is valid for a full day. Hop on and hop off at all the stops!
Hop on a red bus after your Canal Cruise
Enjoy the cruise with family, friends or someone special. And if you’re up for a little more adventure, hop on a red bus departing from our V&A Waterfront tour office.